Before I get started with the post, I want to mention something that I posted in yesterday’s post – This is yesterday’s post – “PRAYER – MOSES THE SHEPHERD AND GOD“. It was a quote from another website and after thinking about it today and talking to mom and dad about it, well, it is an incorrect statement. Or at the least, I misunderstand totally what they are trying to say. It is from the article “Moses in Egypt, and Moses in Midian” and is from this magazine – “The Christian’s Friend” which is on the website STEM Publishing (Sound Teaching on Electronic Media) Here is the quote…
“Moses was an eminent type of the Lord Jesus. And I would just notice, in passing, that they are the only two persons mentioned in Scripture whose course we are able to trace from their birth on to the glory.”
I don’t know if any of you thought about that statement today, but at supper mom and dad and I came up with a few more folks that we can trace from the cradle to the gates of glory. I like to make a correction of any error I have made or find that I have posted. Here is a very short list of a few folks that we thought of:
- Born – Genesis 21:1-3 – And the Lord visited Sarah as He had said, and the Lord did for Sarah as He had spoken. 2 For Sarah conceived and bore Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him. 3 And Abraham called the name of his son who was born to him—whom Sarah bore to him—Isaac.
- Dies – Genesis 35:29 – 29 Isaac breathed his last and died and was gathered to his people, an old man [a]of ripe age; and his sons Esau and Jacob buried him.
- Born – Genesis 25:26 – 6 Afterward his brother came out, and his hand took hold of Esau’s heel; so his name was called Jacob.[a] Isaac was sixty years old when she bore them.
- Dies – Genesis 49:33 – 33 When Jacob finished commanding his sons, he drew up his feet into the bed and breathed his last and was gathered to his people.
- Born – Exodus 2:1-2 – And a man of the house of Levi went and took as wife a daughter of Levi. 2 So the woman conceived and bore a son. And when she saw that he was a beautiful child, she hid him three months.
There may be more… if you come up with any, let me know and I will make an addition to my correction. I would be interested to know what you think of. I am just not certain what that person meant when he made that statement. But it was a LONG time ago (1874) when the article was written… but if a scholar, he should have known… ??? Anyway, I just wanted to clear that up. Thanks for bearing with me.
With that said and out of the way, I will say this… I am going to take another day to gather my thoughts about Moses’ conversation with God in the Burning Bush. Tomorrow is Sunday and a day of rest. I will put together a post for Monday morning for you and it will be about their conversation and God’s mission for Moses. Thank you for understanding…
Below is a compilation list of some of my favorite songs that I have posted. I know… I just counted them… 23 of them. I told you I love music! Just click on any of the songs to listen. Thought you might enjoy!